****Medication at School****

  • A Request for Medication Administration Authorization and Medical Release Form must be completed by the parent or guardian for ANY SCHEDULED medication to be given. 
  • In order for your child to receive over the counter medications as needed such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Tums, Benadryl, Non medicated Eye Drops, Orajel, Hydro-cortisone Cream, Neosporin, students must have completed the Health Care Form signed and returned stating guardian gives permission for these medications to be given.
  • All medications, both prescription and over the counter, must be brought in by a parent or guardian. NO student is allowed to bring medication to school. Students may not have medication in their possession except with a physician's order for emergency situations only. There is a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol in Murray County Schools. 
  • Medications must be in their original container. Medications brought in a zip lock bag or unmarked container will not be accepted/given. Prescription medication must be in a pharmacy container labeled with child's name, name of medication, name of prescribing physician, time medication is to be given and name of the pharmacy filling the prescription. You can ask pharmacist to give you two labeled prescription bottles so you have one for home and one for school.


**** Emergency Medication****

If a student requires Emergency Medication; for example Emergency Seizure medication, Epi Pens, Rescue Inhalers to be carried with them wile at school, the following forms are required. 

**** End of Year Medication Pick up****

If the medication is not picked up from the clinic, by a parent/guardian, before or on the last day of school, it is considered abandoned. Abandoned medication will be destroyed in accordance with local, state, and federal laws/rules & guidelines by the school nurse and an administrator. We do not store medication over the summer to use for the next year. 

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school nurse.